Private Security Services offers lots of employment opportunities for people. There are several available options for people looking for a career in Army and Police services. They can get some real life experience of security services before joining Army or Police. These are also a lucrative offer of retired veterans, who can get a chance of earning their livelihood after retirement.
Qualifications Needed for a Job in Private Security Sector
There are following essential qualifications for Jobs in Private Security Service:
1. Applicants must not be convicted of a felony.
2. Applicants must not be convicted of a misdemeanor crime of moral turpitude.
3. Applicants must have a valid driver's license.
4. Applicants must be able to speak, read and write the English language.
5. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
6. Applicants must have adequate hearing to perform security related jobs.
7. Applicants must have transportation.
8. Applicants must be drug free.
9. Applicants must have a valid phone number.
10. Applicants for security jobs must be willing to work nights and weekends.
11. Applicants must have a work permit.
12. Applicants must be able to physically stand, walk or patrol the majority of their shift.
Benefits for Employees
Private Security Agencies offers excellent benefits for the security officers and guards. Our officers receive partial paid doctor visits, paid vacation, overtime, holiday bonus pay, flexible hours, referral bonuses, lead incentives, performance bonuses and full paid on-site training. They also provide life insurance and health insurance packages for employees.
A majority of security firms false advertise their starting wages. They promise high wages in their help wanted ads and then offer low beginning wages to applicants once they complete the interview process. But certified security agencies believe in being fair and honest. Their pay is based on the percentage that our clients pay. All security firms determine security guard wages this way. While some clients pay high rates to obtain the best officers and reduce turnover, other clients pay average billing rates.
Private Security Agency jobs are becoming more and more popular among youngsters, because of attractive wages, adventurous job profile, and chances to learn lots of things. The demand for people in this industry will increase day by day.
The purpose of the resume and cover letter is to make the job search process quicker and easier. In order to make your job search much easier and increase your chances of securing your dream job, you have to think of the resume as a marketing tool and you are the product that is being sold.
The following are a number of tips to help ease your job search process using resumes and cover letters:
1. Statistics have shown that the likelihood of acquiring employment through a job ad is 1 out of 20, and the chances of acquiring employment through networking are 1 out of 4. These statistics will help you narrow your job search by submitting your resume and cover letter to the most appropriate potential employers. Check with people you know such as family, colleagues (current and former), professors, managers…etc for leads on job openings. As well, review your qualifications and experiences, education, and skills, to see what types of jobs you are suitable for. Identify the most important employers in your area and contact their human resource departments to find out how and where to apply for job openings. As well, contact local government departments and agencies to find out where they list their job openings. Once you have narrowed your search, you can then work on your resume and cover letter.
2. Cover letters are an essential element of getting a job interview and they make your resume stand out from your competition. Always send out a cover letter with your resume, as it will be the difference between getting a job interview, or throwing your resume in the waste can. A cover letter should not be a duplicate of your resume, but a complement to it. The purpose is to add a personal touch to your resume and give the employer a sense of who you are and what position you are seeking. It is the first written contact with the employer so you must make a good impression and catch the employer’s eye. It should state the position that you are applying for, the reasons why you want the job, and highlight the most important skills that would make you a valuable asset to the company. It shows that you understand the position, and have the knowledge and experience in that type of work. The cover letter should summarize why you are the ideal candidate for the position. It should be one page with a minimum of three paragraphs.
3. Your resume must be professional and easy to read. It should also be interesting with no long sentences. Important skills, achievements, and experiences that are relevant to the job must be noted. It must not be overly detailed as you will give more explanations during the interview. You should write effective and eye catching statements. As well, your descriptions should be clear and interesting. For resumes that are scanned by companies and entered into a database, make sure your resume has relevant keywords which will bring up the resume in a search.
Because of increased competition and minimal job openings, acquiring a job is now a step-by-step process. You can ease the job search process by knowing what jobs you are suited for and creating a resume and cover letter that targets these jobs.